Painting & Packing

 

I got up early to see the sunrise and get in some last painting on my last day in the Algarve.  Those old boats I'd painted earlier were still on land even though the tide was high early this morning.  

I also,  before packing paints away, got a start on two other studies from things I saw in Seville that will have to be revisited back in my studio next month.  I don't know when I'm in the Portuguese cities that I'll have the space to set up and work on paintings when I don't have an apartment to myself.  But it was good to get these underway and now I'll have plenty of time to consider where to take them next.  They are just works in progress at this point.



I did take a midday break to go back to Praia Barril in the hopes of having lunch at the restaurant called Museum of Tuna.  Alas, on a Monday, it was closed.  The bar was open and I had a very good chorizo sandwich (which seemed more like salami on a baguette than what I think of as chorizo) and a sangria by the beach.  Not too bad.  I think I'll miss being here.


As for my packing, I've learned a few things:  I was absolutely right to pack a lot of binder clips.  I have clipped food packages closed, I've clipped paint surfaces to boards, I have used them a lot.  I've only used my tripod once.  I packed a bar of soap and I'm so glad I did - the ever-present liquid soap is great at a sink, not so great in a shower, especially when there's no washcloth supplied.  I already knew I couldn't have enough converter plugs and I did well enough with what I brought.  So there's some education.  I'm sure I'll have more to report before I head home.




Comments

  1. Safe travels on your way to your next stop! Am loving reading all about your adventures. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts