Cave Tour






When I first arrived and I was on the beaches and cliff tops admiring the rock formations and erosion from the ocean, I thought I'd had a pretty good feel for the experience of this distinctive feature of the Algarve coast.   But it bugged me -- all these boat tours being advertised, could they show me something I couldn't see from land?  

I tried to get on a boat from the outfit at the beach nearest me, but they'd had a covid problem and were shut down for a bit.  And because it was January, not that many tours were operating.  I went to Benagil, which is another beach where boats head out from, and by the time I'd talked to the tour company that could take me, a storm came through and the ocean was too rough -- for a whole week! -- for them to go back out.  Today was my last day in the "cliff" part of the Algarve, and finally the sea was smooth enough to go on a tour!  So worth it!  If there was a prize for who took the most pictures on that boat tour, I'd be a contender for the top spot. 
 

Note:  One abiding mystery about Blogger, the program I'm using for this, is that it is not letting me reply to comments on posts.   So I'm sorry if I haven't answered your questions!  Re one from yesterday -- the "crab" in the soup was made from potatoes and everything in the soup was edible. And delicious!
 

Comments

Popular Posts